A failed experiment pt. 3

If you’ve been following this series (a spin-off of reverse engineering standard work pt. 5), you know we’ve determined the single piece method to finishing off a placket is successful (see this). I plan on doing Danielle’s hand-out version with the rectangular cut-out because we already know that Beth’s version works. Toward that end, Jess (or was it Josh? -they look so much alike they can’t tell each other apart) drew up the technical specs as per Danielle’s handout. The result appears below (the full size version is here):

This is the one I’ll be doing (and thanks Jess!). I’d planned to do it today but I got a late start. I had a meeting at my kid’s school. I have a hard time refocusing if my regular routine is disrupted.

Speaking of disruptions and distractions, here’s one for you. It’s a dress made entirely of condoms. Quite pretty really. And here’s another one too.

Related:
Entries in the reverse engineering standard work series (how to copy industrial sewing methods)
Shirt making tips
Standard Work (sounds boring, read it anyway)
Reverse engineering standard work pt.1
Reverse engineering standard work pt.2
Reverse engineering standard work pt.3
Reverse engineering standard work pt.4
Reverse engineering standard work pt.5
Reverse engineering standard work pt.6
Reverse engineering standard work pt.7
Reverse engineering standard work pt.8
Reverse engineering standard work pt.9

Spin off of Reverse engineering standard work pt.5:
A failed experiment
A failed experiment pt.2
A failed experiment pt.3
Reverse engineering standard work pt.5.1

There are 3 comments. Leave a comment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *