FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CPSIA: Pet clothing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kira Stackhouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: CPSIA: Pet clothing? Reply with quote

Hello,

I've been reading the posts in this forum and I'm wondering if you know if pet clothing would be included in the new law? This question is twofold...

a) Would it affect the clothing if I used all natural/organic materials vs. regular cottons/cotton blends?

b) I'm planning on doing a limited edition line of dog hoodies made from recycled cotton (go to thrift store, buy a bunch of cool stuff then reuse it to make the dog clothes). Do you know if this would fall under the new law? Should I halt doing this?

Any advice would be very helpful!

Thanks.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely doubt you have anything to worry about.
senecahart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is kind of old, but an article about pet toys:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/10/pet_food_recalls78.html

It does specifically say that no federal agency regulates pet toys- I know you don't make toys, but I would think that pet clothes and pet toys would be treated together.

I found the article ironic, b/c if I'm understanding the new lead limits correctly, its 600 parts per million for children's items right now, but the lady in the article is freaking about a dog toy with 1 part per million.

Now that I go back and read that article again, how it talks about how its almost impossible to find pet toys NOT made in China, now I wondering how many "Made in the USA" eco-friendly, non toxic pet toy makers their are? Seems like an interesting a niche market...

Cracking up by the way, at the concerned pet owner in the article saying "And I definitely think the CPSC should take that(regulating pet toys) over". Cause they don't have enough to do right now, and they are doing it all so well.
aherrmie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Pet products Reply with quote

These are not children's products and would not be affected by the CPSIA.

The CPSIA regulates products meant specifically for children under 12.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i do agree with aherrmie. CPSIA will not regulate pet products. And moerover you are i the way of producing recycled/organic clothing so i think its still a better way in helping the planet and people.

Good Luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: