FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CPSC proposing new rule on sling carriers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diana Pham

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: CPSC proposing new rule on sling carriers Reply with quote

Hi all. It seems like many of you are fashion designers but if any of you happen to be involved with making baby carriers, the CPSC is proposing a new rule regarding sling-style carriers in that ASTM f-2907 standards would become mandatory rather than be voluntary as it currently is.

The comment period is currently open just for your information so if the proposed rule affects you, I encourage you to take a look and submit comments if you have any.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Regulations-Laws--Standards/Rulemaking/Final-and-Proposed-Rules/Sling-Carriers/
Esther

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting. CPSC has co-opted the term "voluntary" but it doesn't really mean that. The CPSIA and CPSC regulations have the full force of law in that they can hand down fines for violations and even put you out of business for whatever reason. The maker of Buckyballs has been fighting the CPSC for years, losing millions of dollars in his defense of a product never intended or regulated as a children's product. All because children MIGHT come into contact with it and be hurt. The same can be said for a lot of products.
Diana Pham

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esther I could go on for days about the absurdity SurprisedD. In Canada, baby walkers are completely banned because parents were misusing them. And in the US, the Nap Nanny has been recalled because parents were misusing them and put their children in danger. I mean, if I put my baby in a car seat unbuckled and put it on the kitchen counter and he falls, that's not because car seats are inherently dangerous.

I'm just glad they haven't outlawed breastfeeding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: