FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can we talk about the labeling requirements?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annika

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above was me, wasn't logged in.

Has there been any further comments specifically addressing the cohort information? I can't fathom how we are supposed to be expected to name our contractors on this label. Have they not made a similar concession as on the GCC to redact that info or assign contractors a code but not be listed by name? I won't even connect with people who work at my contractors on Linked In and I'm supposed to write their company name on a label and sew it to the item? WTF?
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my last entry [url=//fashion-incubator.com/archive/what-is-a-batch/]What is a batch[/url], especially the comments. I realize people have been saying you have to print contractor information but they're wrong as I've been trying to point out for all these months (ditto for cohort info on the GCC). Since December anyway. The CPSC is expected to release clarifications on tracking labels this week, rumored to be today.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, that is what I thought. I realize that we've been told nothing by the CPSC, but this is the only thing (assigning contractors codes) that makes any sense whatsoever.
Melissa Schworer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathleen F. wrote:
I think this is a topic we should start exploring, meant to write about it last week but was in a panic over site problems.

sources:
Section 103. Tracking Labels for Children's Products
FAQs For Section 103: Tracking Labels for Children’s Products

I am only responding so that I can have a record of where this is for future reference.
Melissa Schworer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Is this okay? Reply with quote

blizzard77 wrote:
Sigh. Currently I assign a pre-printed, numbered label...and then keep track of everything else in a database according to what that number is. So I know everything about the customer/order/product specs but the customer only has a number to refer to.

Is this okay to do? What this guy is saying is what I was thinking was all right for a small manufacturer.

From everything I am reading, so long as I make some link to my own paperwork to where I can identify when the item was made, by whom and with what fabrics ... along with the federal regulations ... then I have covered the BATCH issue.

Is this correct?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: