FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Government Requirements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHuresky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Government Requirements Reply with quote

The thread on the Consumer Product Safety Act made me realize I do not know much about what the government requires for my products. I read the Federal Trade Commission's labeling requirements, and it doesn't appear my products need to be labeled with fiber content, etc. I hadn't even thought about the CPSA! Are there any other government regulations/guidelines DEs need to be concerned with? So far I have the following:
- FTC's labeling requiremnts
- CPSA and new amendment
Forgive my igonrance - My past career/employment has had nothing to do with any of this and I'm just learning about these things![/list]
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Government Requirements Reply with quote

CHuresky wrote:
... doesn't appear my products need to be labeled with fiber content, etc ...Are there any other government regulations/guidelines DEs need to be concerned with?

It is statistically likely that there are. The problem is, I cannot link to whichever regs apply to you (that we have discussed at length on the blog before) because I don't know
1. what you're making
2. where your products are made
3. who (you?) makes your products
4. where you live...
heck, without logging in from my office, I don't even know if you're male or female.
CHuresky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kathleen,

Below are the answers to your itemized list:

1. Duffel/Tote bags as well as headbands and dish-cloth sized towels ( I think the towels may need labeling, but I'm not sure regarding the other products)
2. The products will be made in Colorado.
3. I have hired a sewing contractor in Denver to sew the products.
4. I live in Crested Butte, CO.

I'm female :D Thanks for any help!
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Now I know I don't have to give you the RN lecture (cept for the towels but apparently, you already know that), nor the licensing lecture that applies to NY, NJ and CA residents. Because you're not manufacturing in CA, you don't need the "foreign entities using CA contractors" lecture either. Yeah!

You know my first name and that of the rest of most of us, maybe you could add yours to your sig file? I've added location to your profile. That's in case we arrange get-togethers regionally (I plan to go to denver in 2009). You can sort the members list (only visible to members) to see who's in your neck of the woods.
CHuresky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hello Carolyn! So nice to make your ecquaintance. We have quite a few folks in CO.
lizgamal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: "Licensing" lecture for NY, NJ, CA residents Reply with quote

Hi Kathleen,

I am new to manufacturing and importing and I live in NJ. Can you tell me what you meant about "licensing" in NY, NJ and CA. I already have an RN number so no lecture needed there.

Thanks!
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: "Licensing" lecture for NY, NJ, CA residents Reply with quote

lizgamal wrote:
I live in NJ. Can you tell me what you meant about "licensing" in NY, NJ and CA. I already have an RN number so no lecture needed there.

See: [url=//fashion-incubator.com/archive/apparel_manufacturing_in_new_jersey/]Apparel Manufacturing in New Jersey[/url]
lizgamal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: