FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom orders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiki Fluhr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Custom orders Reply with quote

Almost everything I make is custom or made to order. Quilts take up to 6 weeks to make. Quilts people have bought this week would normally be sent out the second week of February. Even if the sale happened already, will a GCC need to be included with the shipped item after Feb 10? Or would it be enough to include a receipt with this weeks date?
dillybopdesigns

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But we don't have to do the batch labelling until August '09, right?
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. The batch labeling requirement starts one year from the date of passage. See section 103.
Aria

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local news on TV said the labeling starts as of the 10th and read some part of the page from the website. It was interesting watching them debate for a moment over whether or not second-hand stores are basically being told to test while not being required to (can't sell things that are over blah-blah, but the only way to know for certain is to...test). Why is the government doing this? Why can't they make laws that make sense instead of being so poorly written no one knows what's going on?
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steph wrote:
I had starting picking up pre-cut fabric to make quilts and had intended on selling on Etsy. Now, I'm not so sure. What if the quilts I make are not intended to be for someone 12 or younger and someone purchases one for someone in that age range? Am I still liable or is the person who purchased it liable? I know it is all confusing, but now I'm left wondering what to do.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: