FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maternity/Nursing clothing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maternity_maker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Maternity/Nursing clothing Reply with quote

I make maternity and nursing apparel. We sell via our website as well as dropshipping program for one big box retailer and private label for another. Our collection includes nursing bras. No one has been able to give me a clear answer about CPSIA impacting us. Does anyone have ideas?
one retailer told me that they trust we have our own testing in place and the other has testing that just increased # of units they need to test, making it unprofitable to do business with them.

thanks you!
Textilesavvy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: MATERNITY CLOTHES AND NURSING BRAS Reply with quote

Maternity clothes do not need to be tested as this law is targeted for "Children's products designed or intended for children 12 years or younger".
Nursing bras- if they come in direct contact with the baby, then yes, otherwise no.

Hope this helps Smile
Marian Thompson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: flammability standards for maternity wear Reply with quote

Just curious maternity maker, do you have you maternity clothes tested for flammability or would fllammability issues only existed if maternity pajamas/sleepwear?
mom4life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: nursing pillows and nursing covers Reply with quote

Hello, if this is mentioned somewhere else, please forgive me for missing it. I own a retail website and am working on gathering GCC's from my vendors. My vendors that make nursing pillows and nursing covers are unsure if they need testing. I didn't know for sure what to tell them. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Textile savy: I noticed you said that if a nursing bra comes in direct contact with baby then it needs testing.. Otherwise no.

Just wondering where this criteria comes from? If this is the criteria for determining what comes under cpsia then it seems to include alot of clothing and other things that are intended primarily for adults but also come in contact with children.
Tracy D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would mean that an adult T-shirt or dress or whatever would need to be tested because I 'might' pick up a friends baby or end up working in the nursery at church one day....oooooh, that would be an interesting excuse, "sorry, I can't work this week. I'm not wearing my certified shirt"

Tracy D
now in Texas and surrounded by boxes Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: