FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We need to call for test cost regulation and oversight
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah R

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison Cummins wrote:

Would we love CPSIA if third-party testing were very cheap?

Well, does anyone love more regulations? no. They're a hassle and a paperwork nightmare, regardless. If testing were $5 per item, I would not be grumbling and would likely not be bashing the law as much as I currently am. Fact is, small runs are not possible under this law with testing costing as much as it does.

Fact seems to be, however, that testing just simply DOES cost that much. And there doesn't seem to be a good way around that. Government setting the price is soooooo not right. Government providing low cost tests to small manufacturers is unfair and doesn't seem workable from a financial standpoint for the Government.
LeAnn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: costs went up Reply with quote

I am not necessarily in favor of more regulation either. That said, the lab that usually does my safety testing but isn't certified for the lead test told me that a year ago the $75-$180 test was only $16

LeAnn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: