FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Personalized items, batch testing and this "fun" l

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vpz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Personalized items, batch testing and this "fun" l Reply with quote

This is one subject I haven't seen any real discussion on so I thought I would throw it out there.
My products are personalized items all of which are sold primarily through my dropship program and produced and personalized at the time the order is placed. One of those personalized items is a retro-style metal lunchbox. I currently have more than 15 different patterns and designs for a customer to choose from with personalization. While I have a style number for each design, since they are individually produced because of the personalization, I don't necessarily produce in batches.
I recently had a couple of finished lunchboxes, as well as their individual components, XRF tested and they all passed with flying colors. I purchase the same lunchboxes from the same company, the same labels from the same company, and the same ink from the same company for every lunchbox order.
I guess I'm trying to make the fuzzy line a little clearer in regards to my specific situation with batch testing since component testing isn't allowed. Since each lunchbox could be considered a one-of-a-kind, would I have to test each finished lunchbox before I could send the order out to the customer? Is that single lunchbox a batch? Does the CPSIA allow me some wiggle room by saying "a reasonable testing program" and me making every effort I know how in order to be in compliance until August 19th?
Ugh. Every time I get once question cleared up in my mind, I end up with 10 more.
Any opinions? Ideas?
vpz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really hoping someone here can give me some guidance on this. I don't "produce" a personalized item until I receive the order giving me the personalization. Do I have to issue separate GCC's with every personalized item?
I'm trying to get my GCC's done and this part is frustrating me almost more than the stupid law in the first place.
Ugh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: