FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crib Sheet For Explaining CPSIA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MistySeptember

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Crib Sheet For Explaining CPSIA Reply with quote

Hey all,

Perhaps this is done somewhere and you can point me in the right direction. But I've been trying get the information to people out there who STILL don't know what's going on. What are the highlights? What and where are the exemptions? What is important for people to know?

There is so much misinformation I don't want to add to it. Plus, when I am talking to people able CPSIA I tend to start ranting and people's eye glaze over. Where can I find a "crib sheet" a highlight of what's the most important information to relay to the general public? I always refer them here, national bankruptcy day and to Rick's blog.

Just today I had a local crafter who makes naturally dyed felted children's items like dolls and doll houses tell me she is 100% exempt b/c her stuff is all natural. Am I correct in saying there are no exemptions officially yet? I know exemptions were suggested, voted on and open for public comment correct? But they were not officially adopted, nor was the stay of enforcement? Or am I behind in my news?

Any help in any direction would be great. I don't want to continue to pass on misinformation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also looking for something like this - a very brief, succinct summary that I can share effectively. The issue is so broad that I think we lose the ability to focus and communicate. I think when I speak to my congressman today, I will focus on risk assessment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: