Products & Services
The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Sewn Product Manufacturing is often described as the garment industry “blue book”. The most highly rated book in the business is guaranteed to get you off to a solid start or your money back. Many service providers require you read this before they’ll work with you. This book has over 50 five star reviews on Amazon. See what people like you are saying.
Buying a copy qualifies you to be considered for membership in our private forum (the $45 annual fee is waived the first year if you buy a new copy). With over 1000 members, the forum is easily the most active part of the Fashion-Incubator website. There, in a relaxed confidential environment, you can rub elbows with experienced professionals comprising the gamut of the garment industry for sewing contractor referrals and to locate hard to find fabrics in small quantities. Here’s how to join.
Description: The book is 8.5″ x 11″, 240 pages softcover. So what does 240 pages mean when publishers use wide margins, large fonts, deep headings and generous line spacing to beef up their page count? This book does none of those things. As much information as was possible is packed on each page. Although tidy, the margins aren’t generous, headings are scant and the text is set in two columns per page, maximizing the per page word count. In other words, there’s no filler here.
View Table of Contents with links to free chapters.
The cost is $60 USD and is available on Amazon, via Paypal (or use the link in the right side bar) or by calling 505-877-1713 MST with a Visa or Mastercard. You can also mail payment to my address below. Please include $7 for domestic Priority Mail shipping, $3.99 for economy media mail, $19 for Canadian orders or $23.95 for all other foreign orders to ship Global Priority Mail. If you’re on the East Coast, priority mail shipping is strongly recommended; otherwise it can take 21 days for your parcel to arrive.
I’m available to make patterns or consult with you. You can also plan a visit to see my factory in order to better understand what you need (if you go that route) or to see what a competent contractor and or patternmaker should have.
Here is a list of equipment and amenities of my small sewing factory:
Facilities and equipment
- 2250 sq ft building
- WI-FI wireless network (serves all buildings on the compound)
- 800 sqft guest house for visiting clients
- StyleCAD pattern, grading & marking software
- 4′ X 6′ Accugrid digitizing table
- 72″ Ioline pen plotter
- Dual monitor PC workstation
- Single needle Adler 271-140342 servo
- Flatlock Merrow Activeseam MB-4DFO servo
- Needle feed, Juki DLN-9010SH servo
- Coverstitch 5 thread Kansai WX-8803D servo
- Buttonhole/Bar tack Siruba BH790 servo
- Walking foot Juki DNU-1541S servo
- Overlock, 5 thread safety stitch, Reliable MSK-3316N servo
- Blind hemmer Consew 817 (clutch)
- Single needle Mitsubishi DB-170 (clutch)
- 28 foot cutting table
- 60″ spreader
- button covering machine
- nail head and snap setting kick press
- belt and tie turner (production, manual)
- washer & dryer
- Alvanon full body form (UK size 12), 2006
- Alvanon squishy form, US size 10, 2012
- 28 foot, 72″ wide Philocraft table w/rails
- Eastman Blue Streak 8″ cutting knife
- Overhead power/drop down
- 60″ Ghetto spreader of indeterminate vintage
- 1.5 liter Boiler Iron (Reliable)
- Blower & vacuum extraction pressing station
- Sussman gravity feed iron
Apparel Technical Svcs
PO Box 12323
Albuquerque NM 87195-2323