FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Activism CPSIA: MEDIA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miracle
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this is going in a print edition, then you might want to find a way to make the urls shorter, either bring them to national bankruptcy day and have the links there, or use tinyurl. The links are too long for a print paper.

If this is for an online paper, then disregard.
Jesica Milton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiki allthenumbers wrote:

While I am all for higher safety standards and keeping our kids safe, this law is so overreaching as to put thousands on manufacturers of children's products out of business -hurting our economy and causing even more loan defaults.
\

I think that on is supposed to be of. Just a little typo. I think you've done a good job and presenting a condensed version that is easy for a consumer to understand.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks pretty good except maybe costs. Estimates for sewn products have ranged from $480-$980 and this was weeks ago. By now, considering the dramatic increase in demand for services and far too few labs, prices are going up!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great letter, all the numbers!
Mothering.com did a little article on their online edition: http://mothering.com/sections/action_alerts/toy-safety-legislation.html
and the Smart Mama has done a pretty good summary here: http://www.thesmartmama.com/bg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=195&Itemid=23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the letter is wonderful. I've emailed both the business editor of the NY Times and the Wall St. Journal, sending them the National BD page, but I think you should forward your letter to them too:

wsj.ltrs@wsj.com

bizday@nytimes.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we maybe put together a list of talking points for anyone who may be interviewed, etc? I think that way we are all putting out the same message with the same set of facts.

I'm off to drop my kids at school, but when I get back I can start compiling from all the posts and then maybe Kathleen can give her blessing if everything looks correct.
Jesica Milton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent in an email to the editors at The Consumerist (http://www.consumerist.com). It seems like an issue they should be interested, I'll let you know if I get any response.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished my interview with columnist here in Vegas. He is shooting for the Sunday paper. He has done his research and I think he is going to write an amazing column. I'll let you know if it is out on Sunday.

The great thing about the Sunday paper in Vegas is that it often goes home on the plane with all the people on the strip. So hopefully it will spread a little quicker.
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status on the Washington Post story: it hasn't been canceled. I guess the story got an upgrade because they're sending a photographer over to take Rick Woldenberg's picture so it'll be up "soon".

My friend Kevin Meyers is running an article on his blog tomorrow. Kevin is also friends with the editor of Manufacturing News (I subscribe) and has pushed the story his way.

Interesting factoid arose when speaking with Rick today. Previously, he was a chemical engineer. Meaning, he knows what he's talking about when it comes to testing.
mollyodesigns

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathleen F. wrote:
Status on the Washington Post story: it hasn't been canceled. I guess the story got an upgrade because they're sending a photographer over to take Rick Woldenberg's picture so it'll be up "soon".

My friend Kevin Meyers is running an article on his blog tomorrow. Kevin is also friends with the editor of Manufacturing News (I subscribe) and has pushed the story his way.

Interesting factoid arose when speaking with Rick today. Previously, he was a chemical engineer. Meaning, he knows what he's talking about when it comes to testing.

I just got a call from someone at the apparel & footwear assoc. The journalist that interview me here in Vegas called to interview her. She was also just interviewed by someone at the Washington Post and wanted to know if she could pass on my name to the reporter because they wanted to interview a small business. She said the Washington Post article is running on Sat.!

May not be the same person you were talking to Kathleen, but let's hope. I will let you know after they call what the journalist's name is.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this story really starts to hit the news this week!
CraftyChef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Possible advocate contact Reply with quote

Kathleen, I would appreciate it if you would contact me info(at)craftychefgraphics.com. I have a possible contact I found through a Huffington Post article and I'm looking for spokespeople so will need contact info. This is in the works, but I'd like to be prepared. Many thanks!
Margaret
Lisa Bloodgood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"But as of February 10, myself and thousands of others will be out of business."

That should be "...I and thousands of others will be..." Myself is used in phrases such as "I could kick myself." "I did it for myself." Myself is not a subject pronoun and is way overused as such. You don't say "Myself am going to the store."

Smile
Kathleen F.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a short interview with Ken Picard, Staff Writer of the Seven Days newspaper in Burlington, VT this morning. Somebody keep an eye on that?
SarahM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to add this to my Google Alerts. If anyone does not know how to do that, here is the link: http://www.google.com/alerts

Simply add in your search terms and your email address and you will get an email when something pops up on your search terms.
blizzard77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my mom friends is a freelancer for the Chicago Daily herald. She's gotten an interview with Pint Size Productions (toys) in Chicago and also managed to get ahold of the CPSC who allowed her to submit interview questions via email. Hopefully the Herald will run with it, scoop the Trib and print the story soon! (If the CPSC answers...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fashion-Incubator User Forum Forum Index -> CPSIA & Consumer Safety All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: